Hackney Publications introduced right now that it was making its newest difficulty of Sports activities Litigation Alert, revealed on February 24, 2023, the brand new pattern difficulty on the location, a mirrored image of the difficulty’s “energy,” in line with Editor and Writer Holt Hackney.
“We pleasure ourselves on offering provocative perception and thought management on the sports activities legislation problems with the day to our readers,” stated Hackney. “This difficulty is a mirrored image of our dedication to that mission.”
The pattern for the Alert, which publishes 24 instances a 12 months, will be considered right here – https://sportslitigationalert.com/sample-issue/
Moreover, the newest difficulty of the Alert options articles from every of Hackney Publications’ senior writers for the primary time:
Former legislation professor/basic counsel to the Oakland Raiders
Sports activities legislation professor and lawyer
Senior Counsel for Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete LLP
St. John’s College sports activities legislation professor
Full professor at Ithaca School
Birren writes “The Sports activities World and the Collapse of the FTX Home of Playing cards.”
Chester writes “Madison, Wisconsin Prohibited ‘Friday Night time Lights’ at a Catholic Excessive Faculty: Was It Nimby or Discrimination?”
Deubert writes “Analyzing the Authorized Foundation for the NWSL’s Current Banishment of 5 Coaches.”
Romano writes “Madison Sq. Backyard Makes use of Facial Recognition Know-how to Block Opposing Attorneys from Getting into – However is it Authorized?”
Staurowsky writes “Longtime Harvard Ladies’s Ice Hockey Coach Dealing with Allegations of Abuse & Racial Discrimination.”
Among the many different articles within the difficulty are:
- “A Pleasant Reminder to Collegiate Athletes: ‘The Waiver’ is Actual”
- “Courtroom of Appeals Reverses Discovering for Stetson, Concludes Launch Signed by Deceased Soccer Participant Was Not ‘Clear and Unambiguous’”
- “District Courtroom Dismiss Gender Discrimination Declare Introduced by Soccer Gamers in Sexual Misconduct Case”
- “Cheat Sellers Beware, Recreation Builders Are Not Enjoying When It Involves Integrity”
- “A New Meta: Esports Accidents and the Altering Well being Requirements within the Trade”
- “Settlement Reached in Concussion Case Involving Berkeley Cheerleader”
- “Claims Towards the College of Vermont and Athletic Director Allege Mishandling of Assault Circumstances”
- “Hackney Publications Proclaims Sports activities Regulation Symposiums Happenings Initiative”
The final article above refers back to the Sports activities Regulation Symposiums Happenings initiative (SLSH), which is able to function a clearinghouse for sports activities legislation symposiums being held all through the US. SLSH shall be made accessible totally free at Hackney Publications’ LinkedIn web page, the place followers shall be notified instantly about new symposiums, in addition to different objects of curiosity from Hackney Publications.
The newest announcement is one in all many the corporate has made during the last 12 months.
Amongst them was:
- The announcement final fall of a brand new podcast, which publishes twice a month. These serious about being notified when a phase goes stay can subscribe by visiting https://follow.it/sportslawexpert?action=followPub;
- The naming of Sports activities Regulation Professor Dr. Staurowsky as Editor-in-Chief of Title IX Alert.
- The announcement final spring of the second annual listing of “100 Regulation Companies with Sports activities Regulation Practices You Must Know About.” That listing, which shall be up to date in March, is out there for assessment at www.100lawfirms.com